How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the prhase to ask social security to increase checks JA:

Customer Question

what is the prhase to ask social security to increase checks
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: it part of the bill that was sign in law to remove at least two checks a year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: yes do tou have an 800 number also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You may not just increase your benefits because you need more money...There are rumors - that if you know some magic words - and the that to SSA agents - they will provide additional benefits...I bet SSA employees are laughing on that - but they are not happy as lots of people keep calling and asking to increase their social security benefits....I just want to ensure you that there is no magic words or secret information or anything like that...HOWEVER ...Many people wonder how the SSA figures their Social Security retirement benefit.The Social Security Administration bases Social Security benefits on your lifetime earnings.They adjust or index your actual earnings to account for changes in average wages since the year the earnings were received.Then Social Security calculates your average indexed monthly earnings during the 35 years in which you earned the most.And after that - they apply a formula to these earnings and arrive at your basic benefit, or primary insurance amount.This is how much you would receive at your full retirement age.So depending on your earning record - it is possible that there are some missing years or earning.Also additional years of earning might increase your benefits.If so - that could affect your social security benefit calculations and you may contact the Social Security Administration and verify if all information is correct.Following publication might be helpful for better understanding the calculations.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You may contact teh SSA directly if needed.Generally, the SSA does not publish the phone numbers of our local offices.You can call the Social Security Administration toll-free at _1_800_772_1213_ (TTY _1_800_325_0778_).Let me know if you need any clarification this matter..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.