How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 61 year old female who was divorced over ten years ago.

Customer Question

im a 61 year old female who was divorced over ten years ago. I will start receiving my ex husbands social security in May 2016. can I work while collecting on his benefits
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, you can but your benefits will be reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over the threshold, which is $15,720. Also, if you are taking early benefits of any kind, your social security benefits will be permanently reduced.