How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15182
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I can't find my SS card. How can I request a new one

Customer Question

I can't find my SS card. How can I request a new one
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.You can request a replacement Social Security card online if you:Are a U.S. citizen age 18 years or older with a U.S. mailing address;Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; andHave a valid driver's license or a state-issued identification card from one of the following:District of Columbia (driver’s license only);Iowa;Kentucky;Michigan;Nebraska;New Mexico;Washington; orWisconsin (driver’s license only).You would use My Account at this link If you cannot then you must go to your local SSA office.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded