How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13568
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can Social Security make a deposit in other bank account, because

Customer Question

Can Social Security make a deposit in other bank account, because I am aat Nursing home and did not pay yet, without my signature or authorization? How can I get SS to deposit back in my account, 6 months that my money is going to another account ion different bank
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply. Do you know what account it is going to, since you haven't received a check in 6 months? Also, please tell me what kind of program you are in - is it Supplemental Security Income (SSI)? How much money are you supposed to get each month?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you to come back to me.
My name, my email is totally legal. I am writing to my friend that is at a Nursing Home in Queens, NY. This happening to her.
Nothing can be done, until she leaves the facility. She just found out about SS not depositing on her bank because her bills
started to came back. We (friends) all are trying to help her. No one explains anything to her. She is leaving the nursing home on 4/29 after 7 months recovering from 4 surgeries. I will give her name, address and phone.
She does not have a email or knows how it work. As a friend we think some one close to her did a change,but the same way
we do not think SS would do a change just over the phone or without a proof of who really is calling it.
She knows that I would go online and ask question and see what she could do once she goes do SS office.
Her name is***** da Silva
83-445 Victor Ave #6C
Elmuhust, NY 11373
phone(###) ###-####Cell (###) ###-####She usually had Citi Bank account, which she call to complain about her money, they said Social Security makes deposit to
Capital ONe which she does not have account or anything to do with this bank.
I do not know how much a month or which program is she. I just know that she worked very hard to receive her SS, that she paid mostly, working very hard as a housekeeper. She is going to be 74 and if was not for this trouble on her stomach she still
was cleaning houses in Manhattan. I hope you can do some investigation and help her.
Since now I appreciate your attention,
Heloiza Asaro
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you are a good friend. I have asked that all of your friend's private info be deleted from your post because this is public forum, I may remind you. That said, you state: "She usually had Citi Bank account, which she call to complain about her money, they said Social Security makes deposit to Capital ONe" - this makes no sense, as Citi would have no access to know where her money changed to.... I can't investigate her private info, except absorb what info YOU can give me, and then I can only share legal info about the SS system, so she/you can fix this. Thus, first you will want to ask her the questions above and send me the answers. This will tell us if she is getting SSI or Social SEcurity. Depending on her housekeeping career, and whether it was "off the books" etc., will possibly tell us about what program. If she was getting long term care coverage via Medicaid (since Medicare typically wouldn't cover that rehab, most likely), then Medicaid would be getting her SSI/SSR checks - and that may be the issue). Also, if the checks have been illegall changed by someone (the bank), then she can go to OR to her local SSA office when she is better, and get her payments sent to NEW account of her choice (or her old account if still open). The online version she can do ONLINE, changing her 'unknown' bank account info to whatever it should be. It may also be that if she can't do the the above and can't get to SSA office, if you have her signed an SSA-1696, you may be able to handle that for her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be with her on Friday. I will read back your email to her. Maybe herself would speak with you. Monday I will bring her to
SS office near her house. With her there, I hope they don't give us the run around.
I appreciate your time Stephanie.
Good night,
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Heloiza, I hope this goes smoothly as well. Make sure she brings her photo ID, birth certificate (just in case), prior banking info, new banking info if she wishes it, etc. I wish her greatly improved health so she can be back on her feet! Be well.StephanieAND, please don't forget to rate with the 5 stars.