How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about getting My wife money from SS wife's

Customer Question

How do I go about getting My wife money from SS for my wife's share of my benefit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Your wife might be eligible to receive social security benefits based on YOUR working record.Generally she is entitled for 50% of your benefits.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Your spouse may be able to get benefits if she is at least 62 or disabled.If your wife is eligible for both benefits - based on her own working record AND spousal benefits - she will receive the larger amount - and may not receive both benefits..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.