How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iil capacity and presently collecting my governmentv AM A 79

Customer Question

iil capacity and presently collecting my governmentv AM A 79 YEAR OLD WIDOW WHO HAS WORKED IN A CIVIL CAPACITY PAID ALL MY QUARTERS ALSO AFTER WORKING FOR THE GOVERMENT FOR 28NYErs in a civilan enployee I now collect my government pension my question is what happens to all that money I paid into my SS over the years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
When you and your employer paid social security taxes - the money are going to the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund.These are NOT your money anymore.The money in these finds are used to pay social security benefits and disability benefits to those eligible.Benefits are calculated based on earnings subject to social security taxes - and there are relatively complicated rules how these benefits are calculated.Questions?