How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i find out exactly what my name is ***** ***** social security

Customer Question

How do i find out exactly what my name is ***** ***** social security card?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
If you were born in past 20-30 years, and have not been married, the name on your social security card will match what is on your birth certificate. If you are older than that, your Social security card may have been applied for some time later than your birth. This would depend what was put on the application by the person applying for the card. If you are attempting to electronically file a tax return and receiving a rejection based on a SSN name mismatch, double check yours social security number for transposed numbers. If you have been married within the past year, use the last name before you got married, to see if you can get a match from that. Sometimes using a hyphenated last name will work as well. You can contact the Social Security Adminstration, provide them proof of identity and they will give you this information. You can visit your local social security office and apply for a new social security card, or fill out the application online and mail your request. If you choose the latter, they require original documents to be mailed with the application, and once processed they return them to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 30 years old, turning 31 this year and I just got married 2 years ago, I have my social security number passport, and CA drivers license. I just don't have my social security card and I'm trying to start an LLC and they're saying the name I'm giving them is wrong, so I just need to know exactly what it says on SS card
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Generally, exactly as it appears on your tax return is how it appears on your social security card. However the only way to be 100% sure is to contact the Social Security Administration.
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.