LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Someone else is using my social security number. How can I

Customer Question

Someone else is using my social security number. How can I stop this?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I guess if you could talk with him and persuade him to stop violating the law and stealing your identity that would work, but I presume that he is not going to listen to you if he is already okay with what he is doing to you. So as a practical solution, this is probably not eh one that will work---leaving just one other solution. The answer is quite simple but it will involve your nephew getting is quite a bit of legal trouble. He is committing fraud as well as forgery and he could well go to jail---but the only way that you can realistically prevent him from continuing to use your social security number is ***** file a criminal complaint with the police and have him arrested and charged with multiple felonies. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug