How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes My name is***** and I am receiving S.S.I. now I

Customer Question

Yes My name is***** and I am receiving S.S.I. now I make $733.00 a month. Well they have found out that I am bleeding internally from somewhere, and at this point they don't know where, on May 4, 2016, I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy down and have a scope ran down my throat. My question is if they can not find out where I am bleeding from, will my S.S.I go up, with this new physcial problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Maximum Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment amounts increase with the cost-of-living increases that apply to Social Security benefits. This year there is no COLA, so there will be no increase in SSI payment amounts in 2016. The monthly maximum Federal amounts for 2016 are $733 for an eligible individual and $1,100 for an eligible individual with an eligible spouse.Thus - if you're already receiving the maximum amount $733 per month - there is NO additional increase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so with a new physcial problem I will not receive an increase?
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
There is no increase as you are already receiving the MAXIMUM amount.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You might apply for additional need based benefits if you have out-of-pocket medical expenses.For instance - you might have larger amount for Food Stamps, housing assistance, etc..But for Supplemental Security Income - $733 is the maximum you may receive..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.