How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66.5 years and thinking about retirement I max out on

Customer Question

I am 66.5 years and thinking about retirement I max out on the benefits matrix when is a good time to apply for my Social Security Benefits. ? Can you answer Medicare questions ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Richard,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Can you comfortably afford to delay social security to age 70?2. Is there any reason to believe that you will die before you reach the age of 80---such as a serious health consideration?Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can wait, but I am looking to see what my benfit woul be at this time
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you have truly maxed out your benefit, then it would be about $2745.00 per month. That would be $2639 for your full retirement age benefit and another $106 for delayed retirement benefits. Keep in mind that for every month you continue to delay social security---up to age 70----you are getting a 2/3% increase in your benefit---which works out to 8% a year so your benefit continues to increase even now as you are not taking it. You may not be maxed out though and in order to determine your benefit, you really need to look at your earnings statement on the social security website. Let me explain. If you currently live in the United States, Social Security has a new way for you to get information:1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug