How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filing social security benefit or benefits due to

Customer Question

I am filing for a social security benefit or benefits due to my husband at his time of death and they are asking for a death certificate, which I have, and a marriage certificate which I cannot find and I don't know what to do about the marriage certificate. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You do need the marriage certificate to proof your eligibility as a surviving spouse.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You can obtain a certified copy of a marriage certificate from the county clerk's office in the county where your marriage was registered.See here other documents that may be used to proof your marriage doe SSA purposes appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.