Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

DO I HAVE TO PAY STATE TAX ON MY SSI PAYMENT?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2016
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What's the state question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NEW YORK
No, NY will not tax your SSI. From MY department of revenue website: "Social security benefits (as well as Tier 1 railroad retirement benefits) included in your federal adjusted gross income are exempt from state and local income taxes."http://tax.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/611/~/are-my-social-security-benefits-taxable-by-new-york-state%3F
Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser