How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lost or misplaced the last social security check. How

Customer Question

I have lost or misplaced the last social security check. How do I report a lost or stolen check?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If your monthly Social Security checks are lost or stolen, you should report this immediately to the Social Security office. Social Security office will issue a stop payment on that check and will reissue a replacement check to you. You should receive replacement checks within 15 days.Social Security will want an explanation of why you think your Social Security check is lost or stolen rather than misplaced. If you have misplaced your check, Social Security will not take immediate action. So if you tell them it was misplaced, SSA might not take immediate action. He simply need to tell them it was lost or stolen. Call SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) or contacting your local Social Security office. See link for SSA page on how to act: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?