How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents passed away recently (mother 12-14 / father 6-15).

Customer Question

My parents passed away recently (mother 12-14 / father 6-15). I am the executor of both their estates. I am trying to prepare their last tax return and the accounting firm that prepares the return said I needed a printout of social security monies received during 2015. How do I go about getting this information? Wouldn't the estate have received a form stating the amount at the end of 2015?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I can assist you in the process for you to get copies of the SSA-1099's that were issued for your parents in 2015. Social security no longer allows people to order a replacement SSA-1099 for a deceased person over the internet.As of 2015, if you are a spouse or child of a deceased person you may obtain a replacement SSA-1099 by either calling social security or by going to the local social security field office and requesting a copy. You can call the Social Security Office toll-free at 1-***-***-****.Only surviving spouses and children may receive the replacement. All other people with the need for such a document must show an order from a court granting them the right to request the document because the court has appointed them as the representative of the estate. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug