Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to know if I can collect social security

Customer Question
Hi, I would like to know...
I would like to know if I can collect social security before I'm 62? My elderly mother is coming to live with me. I will be 62 in feb/2017
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/19/2016
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
You may NOT start social before you reach age 62 UNLESS you are disabled.
Social Security pays disability benefits to you and certain members of your family if you have worked long enough and have a medical condition that has prevented you from working or is expected to prevent you from working for at least 12 months or end in death. Here is an official publication you might find helpfulhttps://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10029.pdf.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.