Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I'm trying to file my taxes but I can't find my SS W2. Can

Customer Question

I'm trying to file my taxes but I can't find my SS W2. Can I print a copy from the computer?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. What you are looking for is a 1099 instead of a W2 and yes you can print it from your computer off the SS site if you have or set up a "my social security" account (link: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do) . Here are the 3 ways to get a copy (the first is the way you can get it online and print it immediately):Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?