Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I need to apply spouse. I draw diability and I

Customer Question

I need to apply for deceased spouse. I draw diability and I was told I neede to draw deceased spouses benirits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You can apply for survivor benefits by phone or in person and cannot apply online. See link: https://www.ssa.gov/survivors/You must be at least age 60 or age 50 if you are disabled to be eligible for benefits from your deceased spouse. This benefit is not in addition to your SSDI but would be the higher of the two benefits. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?