Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am asking on behalf of my elderly parents, they are naturalized

Customer Question
citizens and had a moderate...
I am asking on behalf of my elderly parents, they are naturalized citizens and had a moderate amount of money which had since been used up. We, my siblings and I began helping with living expenses but fear that if they have to be hospitalized they nor us will be able to afford it. Do they qualify for SSI?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
4/18/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your parents situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to qualify for SSI, then need to have assets less than $3,000 not including one home that they live in, and one car plus clothing and furnishings. Additionally, then cannot have retirement income exceeding $1,100 per month. If either of them are working outside the home, they may earn more than $1100 per month and still qualify for SSI. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
LawTalk, Attorney