How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am drawing my social security (started at age 66) but still

Customer Question

I am drawing my social security (started at age 66) but still working full time. My employer provides my healthcare, but I plan to retire July 1, 2016- I did not enroll in the full MEDICARE although Social Security sent me my hospital card. (Part A) benefits only. My retirement program at work pays my Part B premium once I retire. What do I need to do to make sure I don't miss the boat and have a problem with coverages?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer for your Medicare question. Your best bet is to apply now for Medicare Part B effective July 1, 2016, noting the reason for the special enrollment period is that you are working and have healthcare coverage through your employer. Depending on exactly how your retirement program pays for Part B, there may be some temporary overpayments or underpayments. There doesn't seem to be a provision for those on Social Security not to have their Medicare payments deducted from the Social Security payment, so I'm not sure how your retirement plan will pay your Medicare Part B.