How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19111
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to have some way to put my federal withholding tax on

Customer Question

I need to have some way to put my federal withholding tax on my 1040 they don't send you a1099 you can use I am referring to withholding tax on my social security checks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but if you did not receive W2 or 1099, I am afraid that you cannot put the tax on your tax form. It means that no tax was withheld. If I have completely misunderstood your question, kindly clarify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Social security withheld federal income tax from my monthly checks. My problem is my filing is bring rejected because. line 64 on my 1040 form. Amount is greater than my W2 and my 1099s.I included the tax withheld on line 64 from social security.. where else do I put this tax so the IRS knows this tax was withheld
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did receive a SS 1099 but it is not one I can add to my forms. It is not like a regular 1099R. I am using free file fillable forms.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. Line 64 is where you put the amount on Form 1040. Make sure that you are not adding extra zeros to the amount. Also, make sure that you are not inadvertently putting the amount on Line 65. Let me know if you continue to have problems.