How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do to have my social security increased. I was

Customer Question

what can I do to have my social security increased. I was born before 1960
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking what you can do to earn more when you retire? If so, the only real answer is work more now. Social security is deducted at 6.2% of your gross pay if you are an employee, and if you are self employed, the self employment tax you pay is made up of Social security and medicare. The best thing you can do at this point if you want to be comfortable in retirement, is contribute to a retirement plan. Either through your employer or an IRA that you open yourself.