How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19651
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be 68 years old this September, self employed in my

Customer Question

I will be 68 years old this September, self employed in my own business, divorced with 3 adult daughters but I have a seven year old daughter from my girlfriend. I wanted to file for social security benefits for me and my daughter as a dependent now so I can put her money to a 529 Educational trust. I don't need money now for me and I wanted to file and suspend the benefits till I'm 70. Can my daughter start receiving her money if I suspend mine?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, she can. However, you must file and suspend before April 30, 2016 in order for your daughter to receive benefits under your earnings. For more information, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.