Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How can I get a copy of my 2015 SSA 1099?

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The easiest way to get it as quickly as possible, is to get it online and you can download it immediately instead of waiting for other methods. It is very easy if you have set up a "mySocial Security account". link: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:(1) Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or(3) Contacting your local Social Security office. Link: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need this by Monday for my tax return.
Yes, then you need to do it online, the "mysocial security account" should allow you to download it today. If you do not have an account, I gave you a link to sign in or sign up. This is by far the fastest way and you should get it as soon as you log in. You can print it from the SSA site.
Did that work for you? Because it is tax time and many people are accessing the system, the online SSA site has been overwhelmed and I have heard several people say they have had a hard time with the my social security account. Were you able to log on? Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you you have any further questions?