How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help! My father passed away on Dec. 30, 2015 at age 93.

Customer Question

My father passed away on Dec. 30, 2015 at age 93. I'm his son and Trustee of his estate. I'm attempting to complete his 2015 tax return. As he moved from nursing home to nursing home in 2015 I never received a Form SSA-1099 for him. How can I obtain this information to complete his tax return. I can provide any and all information substantiating that I'm the Trustee. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
My Dad:
Bernard J. Coleman *****
Braintree, MA###-##-####
John B. Coleman *****
Downers Grove, IL 60516 ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The easiest way to get it as quickly, is to get it online and you can download it immediately instead of waiting for other methods. It is very easy if you have set up a "mySocial Security account". link: As the executor of the estate, you will need to provide SSA with a court order appointing you as the executor of the estate and then you will be able to request the 1099 in his name.(1) Using his online"my Social Security account". If he didn't already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or(3) Contacting your local Social Security office. Link: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you you have any further questions?