How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2981
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I retired from teaching in N C at age 51 with 30 years service.

Customer Question

I retired from teaching in N C at age 51 with 30 years service. I chose social security leveling. I will turn 62 in Sept. 2016 and plan to sign up for social security. How does this work? Do I need to talk to social security or state of N C. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you paid into social security, you would not be subject to any reduction for another pension and you would sign up with SSA. See link: You can sign up online and this link will get you started. It is not too difficult of a process. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.