How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19127
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I obtain my husband social security number since we

Customer Question

How can I obtain my husband social security number since we are separated and going thru a divorce
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need it to file for my federal income taxes
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If you have filed for tax returns jointly before, you can get the number from the copies of previous returns. You can check your insurance documents such as your homeowner's insurance policy, auto insurance policy, or health insurance policy for the number. You can also check the bills that you receive from your health care providers. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is we never filed jointly we were only married 6 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And he had everything separate under his name and never would give up any information to me
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If you are going through divorce, his Social Security number would be on Financial Statement forms both of you are required to filed with the Court and a copy given to you and him. So, you need to check those documents if they have been filed and you have copies.