Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I'm having such a hard time getting any answers...I get

Customer Question
letters telling me what I...
I'm having such a hard time getting any answers...I get letters telling me what I am due and when. I have yet to see any of this as posted. This is due from October 2015 to now. My husband passed away January 29, 2016, so I know things will change a bit. I was told, the first time, I was entitled to $500. mo for being wife, never saw a dime...then second time I went to SSI, after husband passes, I was told I wasn't entitled to that. Now I have a letter (all in one envelope) on page one says I'm due $1814.00 mo. Page two says I'm owed $1514.00. So what's going on??? Mean while, my bills are adding up. I'm panicking now. How do I get some straight honest answers with resolve?
Sincerely, ***** ***** T**** ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
4/7/2016
Social Security Expert: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello Jamie: The best way to get a straight answer is to take the most recent notice that you received to the local office of Social Security Administration and ask the Claims Specialist to tell you exactly what is coming to you and when. If the Claims Specialist cannot answer your question, the Claims Specialist will ask his or her supervisor for guidance. Your issue would be resolved that day. Do not call the 800#. Go in person to the local office. Best wishes, Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law