How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyrone J. Taylor Your Own Question
Tyrone J. Taylor
Tyrone J. Taylor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 52
Experience:  Owner at Taylor Tax and Financial Consulting
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Tyrone J. Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked in a company opened in 1997 , corporation and with

Customer Question

I worked in a company opened in 1997 , corporation and with two people as owners. One of the owners kept the business but made a complete new entity. Next year I would be getting ready to retire but since the company changed names I have no idea if those years count.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lourdes,I am an Enrolled Agent with 9 years of professional tax experience.As long as you were being paid as a W-2 employee by either business entity, those payroll taxes paid will count towards your social security benefits. It is not the business entity that determines if you qualify - it is the payments of payroll taxes on your behalf that counts.I hope this answers your question. If you need further clarification, please let me know. If not, please feel free to go ahead and rate my answer. Thank you, ***** ***** a good evening.
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I am checking to see if you needed any clarification for my answer. If your question has been answered, please go ahead and rate my answer so your question can be closed out. Thank you.