LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

What circumstance can my social security get frozen

Customer Question

what circumstance can my social security get frozen
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What do you mean frozen?2. Are you already collecting a benefit from social security? Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am on regular social security. Heres' a scenario. Person misses plea bargain, I haven't been charged formally.Could the law take my social securty? Plan on leaveng juristiction .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Person is on reg.social security. Hasn't been formally charged on DWI charges. He plans on leaving the jurisdiction.Can the law confiscate is social securty
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, Thanks for the clarification. You will only have your social security benefits suspended if you are incarcerated after conviction and your incarceration lasts longer than 30 consecutive days. Even if you are incarcerated for----say 60 days, after your release your benefits will start up again. Also keep in mind that fugitive felons are not eligible to receive benefits from social security either. However, if you have not been charged with a felony, being a fugitive from justice (by leaving the jurisdiction) will not result in your benefits being suspended. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug