How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66 and receive TRS retirement (very modest ----also work

Customer Question

I am 66 and receive TRS retirement (very modest ----also work part time.) My husband is 67 and working full time with out applying for Social security. Would it be to our benefit for him to suspend his social security and me apply for social security under his?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Nelda,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. How much are you receiving from your teacher's pension monthly?2. What is your full retirement age social security benefit estimated at?3. What is your husband's full retirement age (66) social security benefit amount?4. Are you already taking a social security benefit of any kind?Doug