Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I'm 73 year old retired and collecting social security,my wife…

Customer Question
I'm 73 year old retired...
I'm 73 year old retired and collecting social security,my wife is 71 and also collecting social security and working part time making about $300 per month. does she still have to pay into
social security.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
4/5/2016
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Hi and welcome to our site!The short answer is yes.That is regardless of age and regardless if the person started to collect social security benefits.
As long as the person receive earned income - such as wages or self-employment income - that income is subject to social security and Medicare taxes.Again - there is NO age limit for social security tax liability.Sorry if you expected differently...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor