How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29953
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 years old and work partime but now my health and husbands

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and work partime but now my health and husbands' health is now not so good . I want to know if I can collect unemployment .even though I am collecting social security. also because my health is now in questionably if SSID is available to me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
First of all - yes - you might be eligible for unemployment benefits regardless of your age and having social security benefits.However to be eligible - one of the requirements - you must be available for work. If you are not available to work because of health or any other reasons - unemployment benefits are not awarded.Regarding disability benefits - you may not apply after you reach your full retirement age (that is 66). So you are eligible for regular social security benefits but are not eligible for disability social security benefits.You might have a private disability insurance with premiums paid either by you or by your employer and may have disability pension based on that policy.Questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.