How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29962
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father's name is ***** ***** name on my birth certificate.

Customer Question

My father's name is ***** ***** name on my birth certificate. Do I need it corrected to apply for my SS# *****?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
You do need to provide a proof regarding your father.One way is to have the birth certificate corrected - so your father's name would be clearly listed.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Another way to have a court ruling that person is your father.You may have documentary evidences, affidavits of witnesses and/or Infidelity DNA testing results.Based on information you provide - the court will issue a ruling about the parent ship and you may provide the court ruling to the SSA when you apply for social security benefits...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.