How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had Medicare years, but I find it takes too much

Customer Question

I have had Medicare for 2 years, but I find it takes too much from my monthly income, can I cancel medicare?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.The part A - hospital stay coverage is free. Part B and D are doctor visits and prescriptions drugs are voluntary. You may cancel those but in order to do so you will have to make an appointment with a Social security administrator who will explain in detail how canceling the coverage will affect your other health insurance you may have, your doctors visits and prescriptions and your taxes. As you may know, you are required to carry adequate health insurance to avoid tax penalty. Here's what you need to do: