Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I AM ELIGIBLE IF I LOST A LEG?

Customer Question

I AM ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS IF I LOST A LEG?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
That will depend on if you are substantially unable to do work related tasks required in all occupations - based on the leg and any other medical/mental impairments. If you have a prosthetic that allows you to walk and be on your feet to a reasonable amount of time, such as 2 hours a day, and you can sit the other 6, with normal work breaks in between, getting disability may be unlikely. But if you can't do these things full time, it is possible, particularly if you have additional medical impairments. If you want to go over your situation with an attorney phone consult, I'll ask that be offered - totally optional!
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!