How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13568
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I watched an online video about Social Security and they

Customer Question

I watched an online video about Social Security and they said there was a little known reward for those over 62 who owned their own home and have lived in it for over 25 years. They said the form is called "Senior Homeowner's Reward" and it is in the Social Security manual, which they said is over 2,000 pages. I have searched and searched for the form and even called our local SS office, and can't find it. Do you know how I could access it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

You can't access it. Unfortunately, that online video is a scam, and hawking false information - typically in an effort to get you to buy something. I don't want to see you conned out of your money, so if you have already spent to get this information, please know you need not do any more spending in that regard.

That said, there is an animal called a reverse mortgage, that applies to seniors with equity in their homes, that allows them a particular avenue to help continue additional income going forward, while living in their home. It has nothing to do with SS, however. You may wish to look into that type of situation.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!