Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I have misplaced my user name and password, I need to print

Customer Question
out something for my taxes...
I have misplaced my user name and password, I need to print out something for my taxes. Social is *********** and Birthday is *********. My e-mail address has changed and I can't reset it that way. HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
3/30/2016
Social Security Expert: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer

Your user name and password ***** what company?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Individual, I receive benefits

Are you looking for information from Social Security?

I think you're going to have to call Social Security. You should be able to get a password ***** form mailed to you if you remember your user name, but it's unlikely that you'll get it before April 18. If you call Social Security, you should be able to get a duplicate 1099-SSA mailed to you, if Social Security has your current address.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you answer I don't see it

I said something above; I think you're going to have to (wait on hold and) and talk to someone at Social Security to get the duplicate form 1099-SSA you need. There is a password ***** procedure for mySocialSecurity.gov, but, if you can adequately identify yourself, they'll mail a password ***** form.

Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer