How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a won to increase my social security check; I am 68

Customer Question

Is there a won to increase my social security check; I am 68 and have been collecting for over a year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

There is a bit of a scamming hype going on, courtesy of some unethical people trying to gain a buck. So there is no new way to collect an additional $60k. However, and old filing method that pertained to some circumstances, is coming to an end, thanks to a new law the president signed off on - which will deprive some people of some anticipated SS benefits. Not all, however, and only under limited circumstances.

If you would like, I can go through your specifics with you, just a few questions, and you can determine if the old strategy, ending soon, you can avail yourself of - let me know and I will check back with you in the a.m.