How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4475
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I obtain a duplicate FORM SSA-1099 SOCIAL SECURITY

Customer Question

How can I obtain a duplicate
I tried to open an account but was told that they couldn't
open an account. I am Norrie C Thompson's (231 28 8179) husband.
Can I get a duplicate ssa-1099. Why couldn't I open an account for\
her our should I open one for both of us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

You won't be allowed to open an account with SSA for your wife unless she is unable to do so. Privacy laws of the last few years have tightened access to SSA records, and made applying for even an online account subject to privacy laws.

You might be able to do everything online, at home. From

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

  • Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

  • Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

  • Contacting your local Social Security office.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago. is the link to this web page.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated once your questions are answered. I'm PDtax.