Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I would like to know what is the procedure to apply

Customer Question

Hello! I would like to know what is the procedure to apply for an exemption to this year' s no COLA and is the deadline for doing so April 30 th, 2016. I was born in 1955 and I wonder if I qualify .
Thank you !
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- I'm not sure what you read, but there is no COLA, and there's no way to apply for an exemption to that -- I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer provided by your " expert" shows very little knowledge of the topic of COLA for SSI, and was disappointing to say the least !
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

COLA -- cost of living adjustment. Calling this SSI shows your lack of what you are talking about to begin with, since SSI is a low income benefit not regular social security retirement. The changes in May have nothing to do with COLA. You're talking about something very different.