How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19658
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is no disability payment that the adult child can

Customer Question

there is no disability payment that the adult child can receive if they have items that go over $2,000? I have a car that go's over the limit can I put it in my trust and can I put a home in the trust I have two homes from Mom an Dad can I put one in and live in the other, one still has a mortgage the other one we paid the mortgage from my settlement money that went into my trust
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

As an adult child with disability, you would not receive Supplemental Security Income ("SSI") if you have assets in a Trust. Your entitlement to SSI depends on your assets and resources. For more information, click on the links below:

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.