dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I'm in some bizarre S.S.disability limbo.Knee not working

Customer Question

I'm in some bizarre S.S.disability limbo.Knee not working anymore,last straw with workers comp.Settled with them while I had applied with S.S.Accepted with them 6mo's later early 2014.Just now received letter in 2016 stating issue because of W/C (after all due diligence) telling me I'm cut off.nothing of reason nor resolve.Not allowed direct contact to fix problem with payment centre.NO ONE can anwser any question because they are an separate entity.(the great and powerful Oz) just need to find a way to break into that level.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review it, edit, properly identify the parties and the issues, ask specific questions, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My knee was diagnosed with chondromalacia in late 2013. Diagnosis,treatment and therapy was performed through workman's comp Understanding that I could continue in my career no longer I applied for S.S. disability. I was granted SSD in early 2014 which started right after I was finished with W/C. All was well. Now in 2016, I received a letter stating they were cutting off my S.S. disability because of a workers' compensation payment of X amount and my benefits are no longer payable. The X amount they are claiming does not match anything I have ever received from them. No one at the S.S. office is able to help me with the letter I received or where I need to go to get this resolved.The problem is with the Payment Center I am not allowed direct contact to payment center per a S.S. employee I spoke with today or 5 times prior. I need to know if there is a way this situation could be resolved. I realise there could be some discrepency that someone had overlooked back in the day but it could be resolved in less than an hour but I'm now at 60+days. So the question is how does one navigate the Payment Center?. I apologise for that bad draft and I hope this is somewhat clear.

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I am unable to assist. So, I will opt out in the hopes that another Professional would be able to assist you.

Best wishes,

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Duane, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Now, it is true that you will not be provided direct access to the payment center - it is an anomaly that disgruntles us lawyers as well, as we try to get corrected the cog in the wheel of the SSA. These cogs are a CHRONIC issue, and that is likely why the payment center likes to stay off the radar - and our federal government allows it. That said, I can try to pursue with you what is going on in your matter, and then if you think further assistance would be helpful, I can offer you access to that if you choose.

Let me know if you'd like to move in that direction.