How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband worked government years and receives an annuity

Customer Question

my husband worked for fed government for 35 years and receives an annuity every month. He never paid into the social security system but I have. Can he claim social security benefits on my account if he is receiving an annuity? I have heard that I can open my ss account he can claim and I can suspend for myself (65) and still working until I'm 70. Will this effect my future benefits in anyway. Id this option goning to close on May 1st
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When will you turn 66?

2. How much is his monthly pension?

3. What is your age 66 benefit estimated to be?