Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I receive SS Disability now at age 57 & then SS at age 65.

Customer Question
My husband will retire...
My husband will retire on PERS & has never paid into ***** I die first, will my husband receive
my Social Security ??? Thank you very much for your
answer Treena Bonilla ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
3/22/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Treena,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you predecease your husband, he will qualify to apply for a survivor benefit. However, as I am sure that you suspect, the fact that he is receiving a PERS pension will impact any amount that he would be due from social security.

The benefit he receives for a survivor benefit will be decreased by about half of his PERS pension benefit because of the social security Windfall Elimination Provision.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon Treena,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney