How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am collecting on my own ss account. stephine answered my

Customer Question

I am collecting on my own ss account. stephine answered my first question. I am a 83 year widow. My ss check of $1060 goes to my bank each month. My husband passed away in 1992. I want to know if I can get more benefits. I own my own home. but it hard to make it on just my check, my husband was a vet of WW2
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I'm so sorry, but in your particular situation they would have recalculated benefits upon the death of your husband. I wish you would be able to get more money -- but in this case, I'm afraid not.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the first of May I will have no chance of any help at all, please see if you can find a way for me to have more income