Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I've recently applied Security and received a letter stating

Customer Question

I've recently applied for Social Security and received a letter stating that I need to check
my claim status. I was given a confirmation number, but I am not trying to apply for
disability. I am trying to apply for social security and Medicare. I currently have 38 quarters and after meeting with a SS agent I was informed that I could buy my remaining 2 quarters to be eligible. At this point I'm retired with a Pension from the City of Chicago and am 70 years old and covered under their BlueCross/BlueShield program. However, I would like to transfer that to Medicare as my primary coverage. Finally, they have sent me a Medicare Card for Part A and Part B, but I don't know who to contact next or what to do at this point since my Medicare for A & B is supposed to start July 1st, 2016.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This agency would further assist you with your application. Click on the link below for contact information:

https://questions.cms.gov/newrequest.php?id=5005&subtopicID=8296#2