Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have had to return to Canada due to family circumstances.

Customer Question
I do not know when...
I have had to return to Canada due to family circumstances. I do not know when I will be able to return to USA. I am a green card holder until 03/23/25, sponcered by my USA husband. I do not want to take any monies from the USA , if I am not intitled to. I do receive a stipin of $401.00 per month from S.S.Administration, I was told being a military wife I was intiled to this, & the fact that I am 66 years of age. However given my present Canidian Father's illness I must remain here. I have never worked in the USA. Been married to my USA husband since 2007. Please avice I do not want to do any thing wrong, nor take any monies I am not intiled to. "Thanking you indavance for your help"...
My e-mail address is***@******.*** Sincerely ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2016
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi Nancy,

...

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

See this from Social Security

...

If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, we will continue your U.S. Social Security payments as long as you are eligible, no matter how long you stay outside the United States:

• Austria • Belgium • Canada • Chile • Czech Republic • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Korea (South) • Luxembourg • Netherlands • Norway • Poland • Portugal • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • United Kingdom

So as you can see, as long as you are entitled to the payments, because of the treaty we have with Canada, you are still entitled to those payments - and they will send them to you there as well

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane