How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I let social security know that I have remarried?

Customer Question

How do I let social security know that I have remarried? Will they let me set up a payment plan? (100.00 a month)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and II assisted you earlier. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

All you need do is call social security or go to the nearest office and advise them of your marriage. And yes, of course they will be happy to enter into a repayment schedule with you that allows you to repay any overpayment over a longer period of time.

And so long as you pay it in full before you reapply for social security benefits of any kind, when you apply you will not have any money withheld from your new benefit. I am sure that $100 per month will be fine if that is all you can afford.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,