How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a duplicate 1099. I need to file my income tax. I

Customer Question

I need a duplicate 1099. I need to file my income tax for 2015. I have misplaced my original one. Thank You for your help. I am *****************. My ss #is ***-**-****.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

If you live within the US and are a US citizen, there are relatively simple procedures for getting a 1099-SSA.

If you have a "MySocialSecurity" account, you can request the form on the Replacement Documents tab. I've been told that identity theft problems have blocked some of the easier procedures for getting a "MySocialSecurity" account, but, if you haven't moved in the past year, it might still work.

Otherwise, you can call Social Security at(###) ###-####from 7am to 7pm local time Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays), or contact your local Social Security office.

Even if we at Just Answer were allowed (by our regulations) to create a mySocialSecurity account for you, it would be forbidden by law, but I could try to walk you through the process.