How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Applied for address change; not yet received W2 for SS, 2015

Customer Question

I need your help I applied in Sacramento, Calif for a change of address in 2013 and as of to-day I have not received my W2 for SS and Cal Pers for 2015. I did receive thw W2 for 2014. I had to return to Canada to be with my family for health reasons. I am a resident of Canada and spent time with my US husband while he was alive. I wish to pay my taxes but I can't do it without the amount owing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

A change of address submitted to the post office generally expires after 6 months. You also MUST notify people and companies that you expect to receive mail from in the future of your new address.

As for social security, I can give you the contact information for them and you can call and they will send you a duplicate SSA-1099 so you can do your taxes. Here is a link to the numerous social security offices that service Ontario Canada:

As for your tax forms from CalPers, you can either contact your pension plan directly for a replacement 1099 or you can access your account online through the CalPers site and review and print out a duplicate. You can view and print your statement online through my|CalPERS. See this site: